2. Information We May Collect
We collect two main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; and (2) information from or about your AA vehicle. Depending on the AA products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you. We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party vehicle repair or service centers, and social media platforms.
- AA Account: Customers who purchase certain AA products will receive a AA Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your AA account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your AA products; and general information about your AA products (including, for example, vehicle identification number or other product serial number, service plan information, or connectivity package), insurance forms, driver’s licenses, financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your AA account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a AA store or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a test ride, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
- You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
We may collect a variety of information from or about your AA vehicle, including:
- Telemetric log data: To improve our vehicles and services for you, we may collect certain telemetric data regarding the performance, usage, operation, and condition of your AA vehicle, including: vehicle identification number; speed information; hour-meter readings; battery use management information; battery charging history; electrical system functions; software version information; safety-related data and camera images (including information regarding the vehicle’s systems, acceleration, security, and accidents); information regarding the use and operation of the vehicle’s features; and other data to assist in identifying issues and analyzing the performance of the vehicle. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Remote analysis data: We may be able to dynamically connect to your AA vehicle to diagnose and resolve issues with it, and this process may result in access to personal settings in the vehicle (such as navigation history). This dynamic connection also enables us to view the current location of your vehicle, but such access is restricted to a limited number of personnel within AA.
- Other vehicle data: In order to help improve our products and services, we may collect and store other vehicle data, including: data about accidents involving your AA vehicle (e.g., sensor data); data about remote services; a data report to confirm that your vehicle is online together with information about the current software version and certain telemetric data; vehicle connectivity information; data about any issues that could materially impair operation of your vehicle; data about any safety-critical issues; and data about each software and firmware update. We may collect such information either in person (such as during a service appointment) or via remote access.
- Service history: In order to facilitate the servicing of your vehicle, we may collect and process data about the service history of each AA vehicle, such as the customer’s name, vehicle identification number, repair history, any outstanding recalls, any bills due, any customer complaints, and any other information related to its service history.
3. Advanced features:
We may provide you with features in your AA vehicle, such as Remote Control, Return-to-Home, Waypoint flying, Auto Take-Off & Landing, Terrain following, Altitude hold, which make use of the current flight data of your vehicle and we may share this data with partners that contribute similar data to help us provide the service. We may also collect similar data in connection with other features, such as the navigation data for the online routing feature, and may share it with business partners where necessary to provide the feature to you. However, we only collect or share the data in a way that does not identify you or your vehicle.
4. How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, to provide and improve our products and services, and for the purposes listed below:
- To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts, information about events, or brochures.
- To set up, evaluate, and provide feedback regarding your AA test flight.
- To advise you of important safety-related information about your vehicle or to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving your vehicle.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To present products and offers tailored to you and to enhance our lists with information from other sources.
- To allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
- Receiving electronic communications from us or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any marketing e-mail received from us or by contacting us at the address below. Please note that we may still send you important administrative and safety messages even if you opt out of receiving marketing e-mails.
- Receiving marketing-related calls from us: If you receive a marketing-related call from us and do not want to receive similar calls in the future, simply ask to be placed on our “do not call” list. Please note that we may still call you regarding administrative, safety, or product service issues even if you opt out of receiving marketing calls.
- To provide and improve our products and services
We may use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, including:
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, e.g., to process your payments, fulfill your requests for product financing, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide service to your AA product, such as to contact you with service recommendations and to deliver over-the-air updates to your product.
- To monitor your AA product’s performance and provide services related to your product.
- To develop and promote new products and services, and to improve or modify our existing products and services.
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services.
- To deliver any other services you have requested.
- For other purposes
We also may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Except as described above and below, AA may use or share information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, such as for operational or research purposes, for industry analysis, to improve or modify our products and services, to better tailor our products and services to your needs, and where legally required.
5. How We May Share Information We Collect
We may share information we collect with our service providers and business partners, with other third parties you authorize, with other third parties when required by law, and in other circumstances. Examples of how we share information with these parties and under these circumstances are provided below.
- With our service providers and business partners
We may share information with our service providers and business partners when necessary to perform services on our or on your behalf, such as in the following circumstances:
- With our third party service providers and channel partners to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis and storage, payment processing, order fulfillment and product installation, wireless connectivity to AA products, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, product design, product diagnostics, maintenance or related services, e-mail delivery, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, voice command processing, and other similar services.
- With other third party business partners to the extent that they are involved in the purchase, lease, or service of your AA products. We share limited information from or about you or your AA products to allow you to take advantage of those services if you elect to utilize them, with such partners as finance, leasing, registration, title companies, electric utilities, permitting authorities and insurance companies.
- With other third parties you authorize
We may share information with other third parties you authorize, such as in the following circumstances:
- With third party service centers or providers, if you choose to utilize them.
Note that some information about you is stored on certain AA products and may be accessible directly to the third party service centers or providers that you choose to utilize to diagnose or service your AA product.
- With third-party sponsors of contests and similar promotions, if you elect to participate.
- With other third parties when required by law
AA may transfer and disclose information, including information that may or may not personally identify you, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; in response to a lawful request by governmental authorities conducting an investigation, including to comply with law enforcement requirements; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our products and services, AA, third parties, visitors, or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
In other circumstances
We may share information in other circumstances, such as:
- With the rental fleet operator or the owner of the AA product, if you do not directly own it and as authorized under applicable law.
- With a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing. If you wish to opt out of any processing of information for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent, you may do so by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
As detailed in the sections above, we give you many choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of our products or services. These include:
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Opting out of certain electronic communications or promotional calls.
- Disabling the collection of telemetric log data from your vehicle.
- Enabling or disabling the collection and sharing of certain data to support advanced features in your vehicle.
- Disabling the collection of performance data from your AA energy product.
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
This section further explains the rights and choices that may apply depending on your jurisdiction.
In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
You have several methods to exercise your rights, including:
- You can access your AA Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
If you would like to exercise your rights in relation to information from or about you, you may contact us at the address below. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have the information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of the information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, or we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping or legal compliance purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you sell or transfer your AA product to another person, please notify us so that we can determine whether additional steps are required to help safeguard information from or about you from disclosure to the purchaser or transferee of the AA product.
7. Retention Period
When the information is no longer necessary for these purposes, we delete it or keep it in a form that does not identify you. When determining this retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and retention periods required by law.
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of twenty-one (21), and we request that these individuals not provide any information to AA.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our software applications or social media pages.
10. Updates to this Policy
11. How to Contact Us
To contact us with a question or comment, to opt out from certain services, or to ask about your ability to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact us:
- via e-mail at email@example.com;
- via mail at Airframes, LLC, Attn: Legal, 5880 SW 74 ter, South Miami, Florida, 33143 United States.
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your e-mails to us.
Last Updated July 2018